Sunday 13 April 2003

WALKABOUTSVERSE 128 OF 230

Poem 128 of 230:  SKY VIEWS - AUTUMN 2000

From a council-flat in Bury,
    Through a wide window, I see -
Landing on neighbouring tiles -
    Some starlings, pied wagtails,
The hop of magpie and sparrow;
    And hear geese bark as they go.

A fancier’s pigeons circle,
    While a white flock of gull
Play the wind in a dark grey sky -
    The contrast catching my eye;
As does the arc of a rainbow -
    With sun and rain toe-to-toe.

Quiet thought turns to Constables,
    As the wide-glass enables
Broad views of strong cumulus sky -
    Changing shape as time goes by;
And - with moors, too, in the background -
    It begs a brief lounge around.

(C) David Franks 2003

Pied Wagtail on neighbouring balcony-roof,
from my new flat in Manchester; 21/10/21

A fancier's pigeons circling, further south,
 around my new flat in Manchester; 19/9/21

Constables in my current home; 2/9/2021